Yield: one 18cm long egg roll
Food processor or blender
Happycall double pan
1 frozen boneless white fish fillet, ~150g
3cm long spring onion, cut into small pcs
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cooking wine
1/4 tsp low salt light soya sauce
1/2 tsp mirin or cooking wine
1/4 tsp salt
1 clean plastic bag (for rolling up the egg roll)
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/2 tbsp chili sauce
A few drops of sesame oil
1. Thaw and rinse the fish fillet. Cut into small pieces to ease grinding.
2. Add fish, spring onion, 25g water, sugar, salt, cooking wine and light soya sauce into a blender to grind into a smooth fish paste.
The remaining 5 g water to be added slowly depending on the consistency of the fish paste.
3. Continue to grind/blend until a smooth and slightly glossy fish paste is obtained.
4. Coat the pan with a thin layer of cooking oil and heat up using medium flame.
5. Mix eggs, mirin and salt together in a bowl. Try to minimize the bubbles formed, in order to achieve a flat and smooth omelette.
6. When the pan is hot, pour in the egg mixture and swirl to spread out the egg. Close the lid and cook till the omelette is slightly brown on one side.
Only needs to cook one side of the omelette.
7. Set the omelette aside to cool down.
8. Cut open the plastic bag and place the omelette on top.
Spread the fish paste evenly over the omelette, leaving about 1cm on both ends free.
9. Roll up the omelette slowly and pressing it slightly at the same time.
10. When the egg roll has been rolled up, transfer it to a sheet of heat resistant food wrap. Roll up and tighten both ends.
11. Start boiling some water in the Happycall pan. Place the egg roll over a steamer rack and a plate. Lock the lid and steam at medium high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to low heat for another 5 minutes.
12. Remove the egg roll from the pan and let it cool slightly.
Remove the plastic food wrap, cut the egg roll into small serving size and serve with dipping sauce :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)