Omelette pan-friend to golden, and topped with crispy port floss, roasted sesame seeds and seaweed flakes 🍛
Yield: One 12x14 cm omelette
Servings: about 3~4 persons
Flat base pan: 12x14 rectangular non-stick pan
I bought the pan from Tokyu Hands, Suntec City
4g rice flour
4g glutinous rice flour
21~25g hot water
2g Thai fish sauce, 1/4 tsp
1/8 tsp Knorr Hao Chi seasoning powder/chicken stock powder
10g cut scallion
3g roasted sesame seeds
dash of pepper powder
dash garlic powder
1 egg, 55g
25g crispy pork floss*
1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
some seaweed flakes, optional
or green scallion/coriander leaves
* Crispy pork floss can be bought from Fairprice Finest supermarket.
Directions1. Mix rice and glutinous rice flour together in a small bowl.
Pour hot water over the flour mixture, without stirring them
Cover with a lid, and let the content rest for about 10 minutes.
The mixture would turn into a smooth paste/ water roux.
2. Mix the above water roux together with the rest of the omelette ingredients, except the egg.
Briefly beat the egg in another bowl.
Combine the beaten egg with the water roux mixture.
3. Pour about 1 tps of olive oil into the pre-heated non-stick pan and heat at about medium temperature. Ensure the edge/wall of the pan is well coated with oil.
4. When the pan is evenly heated, pour the egg mixture into the pan. Swirl the pan to ensure even heating.
After about 1~2 minutes of heating, lower the temperature slightly.
When the surface of omelette is about to set/dry but still wet, scatter the crispy pork floss over it.
Press lightly to stick the pork floss to the surface of omelette.
Lower the temperature, and let the omelette cook through.
The omelette would be ready when it sides pulls away from the sides of the pan.
5. Slide the omelette, without disturbing the top, onto a flat plate
Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and seaweed flakes over the top.
6. Cut and enjoy 😋
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)