A light vanilla yogurt bread using yogurt with vanilla beans, and added delicious raisins for the additional taste and bite😋🍇
This is a medium size bread which can be baked on a day when you do not need a big loaf of bread. Always bake fresh, and eat fresh 🍀
Yield: one long loaf
Pan size: 21.5x11.5x5.5 cm
Raw dough weight: 517g
Baking temperature: Preheat oven to 190℃ for 10 minutes, bake at lower rack, at 180℃ for 15 minutes, lower to 170℃ for 10 minutes, off oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
210g bread flour
20g superfine wholegrain flour
35g raw sugar
2g instant dry yeast
pinch of vanillin powder, optional
40g natural yeast/sourdough, 100% hydration*
100g vanilla yogurt, cold
30g low fat milk, cold
20g condensed milk
15g beaten egg
25g water, cold, to be added depending on dough condition
2g low sodium salt
30g unsalted butter, softened
Some beaten egg as egg wash before baking
* 40g natural yeast can be replaced by 20g each of bread flour and water + 1/8 tsp instant dry yeast. Let the mixture stands for about 1 hour or till double in volume, before use. You can also keep the mixture in the fridge overnight and thaw it for 1 hour before use.
|Soak the raisins with hot water for about 1 minute. Drain and set aside.|
1. Knead the dough following your preference method.
For my method, you can refer to my recipe Golden Milk Bread. After kneading the dough to window pane stage,
|Mix the dried ingredients before adding the liquids|
|Vanilla yogurt with vanilla beans|
|Add softened butter|
|Knead till smoother|
|Perform about 400 sets of "slapping & folding"|
|Reaching window pane|
Shape the dough into a ball, spray some water over, cover with a lid, and let the dough proof for about 60 minutes, or till the dough double in size.
End of 60-minute proofing 👇
2. Invert out the dough onto a floured work top, deflate the dough, and shape into a ball again.
Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1 cm.
Flip over, so the smoother side will be facing out after rolling up. Spread raisins over the dough.
Roll up the dough into a log shape.
Place the dough into a non-stick pan coated with butter. Spray some water over, cover with a cloth, and let the dough proof for about 45 minutes, or till double in size.
End of 45-minute proofing.
4. Preheat the oven to 190℃ for about 10 minutes. While waiting, brush a coat of egg wash over the dough, about 5 minutes before baking.
5. Bake the shaped dough at lower rack of a preheated oven, lower the temperature to 180℃ after closing the oven door, and bake for 15 minutes. Further reduce the temperature to 170℃ for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven, and let the bread bake for 5 further minutes.
6. Remove the bread from the oven, remove from the pan, and cool over a wire rack.
7. After the loaf has completely cooled down, slice the loaf and enjoy the bread with spread of butter 😋
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)