Yield: one 65x175x45H cake
70g brown sugar
1 pandan leaf
1 tbsp honey
50g bread flour, sift twice
1. Whisk 2 eggs in a container over a pot of hot water (not boiling water). Use only very low speed of an electric mixer. Add in the sugar after about 3 minutes. Whisk for at least 30 minutes till the egg can form soft peaks when lift up the whisk.
2. Blend honey, milk and pandan leaf using a food processor. Then add to the whipped egg. Whisk for about 3 minutes, or till the milk mixture well incorporate with the egg.
3. Fold in the sifted flour using a hand whisk. Mix well.
4. Pour the cake mixture into a paper cake moulds pre-sprinkled with some sugar at the base. Fill up to about 3/4 of the cake mould height.
5. Preheat the HCPan at low heat. Place the cake in the pan and close the lid. Bake for about 20 minutes in low heat. When the top is cooked, turn over the cake to bake the other face of the cake for 10 minutes at medium low heat.
6. When done, turn up the cake and place a small container of warm water in the HCP and close back the lid. This is to prevent the cake from getting too dry while cooling down.
7. When the cake has completely cooled down, which take about 2 hours, cut the cakes and serve 😊