60g brown sugar
1X6cm orange leaf
1 tbsp honey
50g plain flour, sift twice
1. Whisk 2 eggs and 60g brown sugar in a container over a pot of hot water (not boiling water). Use only very low speed of an electric mixer. Whisk for at least 20 minutes till the egg can form soft peaks when lift up the whisk.
2. Blend honey, milk and orange peel using a food processor. Then add to the whipped egg. Whisk for about 1 minutes, or till the milk mixture well incorporate with the egg.
3. Fold in the sifted flour using a hand whisk. Mix well.
4. Pour the cake mixture into a paper cake mouldsi lined with baking paper and pre-sprinkled with some sugar at the base. Fill up to about 3/4 of the cake mould height.
5. Preheat the HCPan at low heat. Place the cake and a small dish of water in the pan, close the lid. Bake for about 20 minutes in low heat. The dish of water is to prep the cake moist during baking.
6. When the top is cooked, turn over the cake to bake the other face of the cake for 5 minutes at medium low heat.
7. When done, turn up the cake and glaze the cake using a tsp of honey and some water. Next, place a small container of warm water in the HCP and close back the lid. This is to prevent the cake from getting too dry while cooling down.
8. When the cake has completely cooled down, which take about 2 hours, cut the cakes and serve 😊
|60g brown sugar|
|blend milk, honey & orange peel|
|sift flour into the egg batter|
|whisk at low speed|
|whisk eggs over a hot water bath|
|50g plain flour, sift twice|
|lined the paper cake mould with baking paper and sprinkle some sugar on it|
|bake the cake in HCP with a dish of water|
|the cakes after the browning|
|apply a coat of glaze over the cake just after finish baking|
|when the cake surface is cooked, turn it over to brown the other face|