80g glutinous rice, soak for 4 hours
2 tsp trim coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients for kaya:
1/2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
1pandan leaf, about 30cm long
55g trim coconut cream
1. Mix all the glutinous rice ingredients together, and add to a 11cm diameter silicon bake ware. Steam for 10min, then use a spoon to press the rice to make it compact. Continue to steam for another 10 min, or until the rice surface is dry.
2. While making the kaya, in a blending cup, add coconut cream, sugar and cut pandan leaf, then blend them using a food processor.
*if you are using artificial flavour and colouring, you can skip (2) and go to (3).
3. In a bowl, first add in flour, then follow by the mixture in (2), blend well. Then add an beaten egg and mix well. Strain the coconut egg mixture to give the kaya layer a smooth texture.
4. Pour the kaya mixture in (3) onto the steamed glutinous rice, and steam for 15 minutes or till the kaya harden.
5. Wait for the cake to cool down, then cut into slices to serve :)
|Soak the glutinous rice for 4 h|
|After steaming for 10 min, use|
a spoon to compact the rice
|Add coconut cream, sugar, |
pandan leaf and salt to a
|Pour the coconut mixture to the flour|
|After added the egg, strain the mixture|
to remove all the solids.
|Pour the mixture onto the steamed|
glutinous rice, and steamed for