Yield: one 65x175x45H cake, and two cupcakes
30ml low fat milk
1 tbsp oatmeal
1 x 30cm pandan leaf
45g top flour
1. Whisk 2 eggs and sugar in a bowl over a pot of hot water (not boiling water) at medium speed for about 3 minutes. Then use only very low speed of an electric mixer to whisk till soft peaks formed when you lift up the mixer (about 10 minutes).
2. Blend honey, milk, oatmeal and pandan leaf using a food processor. Then add to the whipped egg. Whisk for less than 1 minutes, or till the milk mixture well incorporate with the egg.
3. Fold in the sifted flour using a hand whisk. Mix well.
4. Pour the cake mixture into a paper cake moulds lined with baking paper. Fill up to about 2/3 of the cake mould height. For the remaining batter, you can fill it in two cupcake moulds.
5. Preheat the HCPan at low heat. Place the cake, cupcakes and a small dish of water in the pan and close the lid. Bake for about 20 minutes in low heat. When the top is cooked, turn over the cake to bake the other face of the cake for 10 minutes. (The small dish of water is to make the cake moist while baking and cooling down).
6. When done, turn up the cake, still keeping the dish of water in the HCP ,close back the lid. This is to prevent the cake from getting too dry while cooling down. You may like to apply a coat of glaze over the top of the cake when it just finished baking.
7. When the cake has completely cooled down, which take about 2 hours, cut the cakes and serve 😊
|soft pandan castella cake|
|Add honey, milk, pandan leaf and oatmeal into a blending cup.|
|Blend the ingredients using a food processor|
|Whip the eggs over a hot water bath |
(not boiling water)
|Whip at medium speed for 3 min|
then low speed for 10 min
|Pour in the blended milk mixture|
|Add in the flour spoon by spoon.|
|Place the cakes into a HCP to bake.|
Put a small dish of water to keep the cake moist.
|When the surface of the cake is cooked, |
turn it over to bake the top for about 8-10 min.
|Lined the cake mould with a baking paper|