100g rice flour
18g tapioca flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp seasoning powder
1/4 tsp pepper
150g shredded pumpkin
30g pumpkin, cut into cubes
5 garlic, minced
3 tsp dried shrimp
5 shiitake mushrooms, cut into strips
100g minced pork, or 3 slices bacon, cut into strips
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
Dash of pepper
1/4 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp potato starch
1. Mix ingredient A and let it stand for an hour.
Heat up about 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pot at medium heat. Stir-fry dry shrimp and garlic till frangrance.
Add in minced pork.
Add in shredded pumpkin.
4. Pour ingredient A into B and mix well. Stir the mixture in low heat, till it slightly thickens.
5. Line a 15 cm round heat- resistant cook ware with parchment paper at the base. Lightly coat the wall with vegetable oil.
Level the top using the spatula.
Place pumpkin cubes on top of the batter.
7. Fill inner pot of a rice cooker with enough water (about 3 cups) to give a 25 to 35 minute-steam. Place a steamer stand in too.
8. Set the rice cooker to 'steam' mode and cooking time at 25 minutes. Start the steaming process.
9. When the rice cooker "beep" indicating the steaming process is over, test whether the cake is thoroughly cook by inserting a stick to the centre of the cake.
5. When cools down, remove the pumpkin cakes from the moulds. Garnish with steamed Chinese sausage or 肉干bits and spring onion.
Serve warm with sweet sauce and sambal chilli.
For overnight keeping, cover the pumpkin cake with food wrap or a lid, and keep in the fridge :)