Yield: two 17 cm round waffles
50g warm water
1 tsp instant dry yeast
200g whole milk, warm
50g unsalted butter, melted & cool slightly
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
125g all purpose flour
1 large egg, beaten
1/8 tsp baking soda
1. Place butter and milk in a rice cooker to keep warm for 10 minutes. Let the mixture sits in the rice cooker for another 10 minutes or till the butter melts.
Let the mixture cools down a bit before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
2. Sprinkle the instant dry yeast over the warm water. Let the mixture stand for about 5 minutes.
4. When 5 minutes is up, pour milk mixture from (1) into the yeast mixture in (2).
5. Add in the flour mixture, stir till the batter becomes smooth.
7. Add in the beaten egg and baking soda. Mix well.
8. Select your desired temperature and heat up the waffle maker.
Spray a thin film of cooking oil onto the waffle iron.
Pour in the batter, close the lid, and turn the pan 180 degree clockwise to lock the pan.
9. When the green light illuminated, indicating the waffle is ready, turn the pan 180 degree anti-clockwise to unlock the lid.
10. Transfer the waffle to a plate. When it has slightly cooled down, serve it with whipped cream and strawberry syrup :)