Yield: 3 x 17cm round waffles
110g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
100g light sour cream
40g melted butter, unsalted, cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
15g dried mixed berries
1. Melt butter in a rice cooker by keeping warm for 10 minutes and let it sit in the rice cooker for another 10 minutes, or till it melted. Let the melted butter cools down before use.
2. Beat egg white till frothy. Add in the sugar, continue to beat at high speed till soft peaks formed.
3. Add in the yolks, continue to beat at medium speed till well blended.
4. Add in 1/2 of the flour, sour cream and salt, mix well using a hand whisk or spatula.
5. Add in the second 1/2 of the flour and mixed berries.
6. Finally add in the melted butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
7. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes while you heat up the waffle iron.
8. Pour in a suitable amount of batter to the waffle iron. Close the lid and turn 180 degree clockwise.
9. When the green light illuminated again, the waffle is ready. Turn 180 degree anti-clockwise to unlock the iron.
10. Transfer the waffle to a plate. The waffle tastes like butter cake and can be eaten plain. Enjoy :)
Recipe adapted from Matha Stewart's sour cream waffle