Yield: ~100g kaya/bread spread
100g raw pumpkin, peeled
20g coconut powder*
20g hot water*
15g raw sugar
Dash of salt
1 pandan leaf
* you can replace coconut powder and water by 30g coconut cream.
1. Cut pumpkin into chunks.
2. Pour 100g or 1/2 cup of water into rice cooker. Steam the pumpkin chunks using the rice cooking mode.
Steam by boiling water for about 5 minutes in high heat and 10 minutes in low heat.
3. Drain away the water collected under the cooked pumpkin. Mash the pumpkin into paste using a fork while it is hot.
4. Add hot water to coconut powder and mix into a mixture.
6. Pour the mixture and cut pandan leaf into a non-stick pot and stir over low heat regularly. Heat for about 5 to 10 minutes, or till the mixture formed into a thick paste.
7. Transfer the kaya to a clean container and use as bread spreaf when cool. Enjoy :)