Yield: 8 pork ribs
700g pork prime ribs
Water for boiling
2 slices ginger
1 clove garlic
1/2 green capsicum, cut into chunks
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
2 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1. Rinse pork ribs and place in a pot. Add enough cold water to submerge the ribs. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Skim away the scum floating on the water. Add in ginger and garlic, lower the heat. Let the ribs simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Drain the ribs and transfer them to a bowl. Heat up the Happycall pan in low heat and add in a teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Place the ribs into the pan and pan-fry them in low heat till slightly golden.
5. Towards the end of the pan-frying process, place the green capsicum chunks at the edge of the pan to cook.
6. Sweep the ribs to the edge of the pan, pour in the sauce to cook till it bubbles and thicken at medium heat.
Remove the green capsicum from the pan to preserve the green colour.
Turning the ribs regularly to coat them with the sauce.
Towards the end of cooking, off the heat, close but not locking the lid, allow the ribs to sit in the pan for about 5 minutes to allow the flavour to infuse into the meat.
7. Transfer the pork ribs and capsicum to a plate and garnish with coriander. Serve with warm rice. Enjoy :)