Servings: 4 ribs
400g prime ribs
Water for boiling the ribs
1 slice ginger
3 stalks spring onion (the white stem)
1/2 star aniseed
1 tbsp rice wine
1/2 tbsp dark soya sauce
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp water
1/4 tsp salt
1. Rinse the pork ribs. Place pork ribs in a pot, and add enough cold water to submerge the ribs. Bring the water to a light boil.
2. Lower the heat and remove the scum from the water surface. Add in the ginger, spring onion and star aniseed. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Remove the ribs from the pot, and transfer the ribs to a bowl. Discard the water and clean the pot.
4. Add a tbsp of oil to the pot and heat at medium low heat. When the oil is hot add in the pork ribs, stir fry slowly till the ribs are lightly golden.
5. Pour in the sauce ingredients and add in enough water to just submerge the ribs. Bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Increase the heat again to thicken the sauce. When the sauce is about to thicken, add in the salt.
6. Transfer to a plate and serve with warm rice.