Yield: 4 pudding bottles (200ml volume)
50g raw sugar
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp colourless agar agar powder
100g low-fat evaporated milk
1. Heat up 480g water in a pot in medium low heat.
2. Mix raw sugar, agar-agar powder and instant coffee powder in a bowl. Add 20g of water to blend the mixture.
3. Pour the mixture into the pot of warm water and stir regularly. Stir and heat till all the agar agar powder dissolves.
To check whether the agar agar powder has dissolved, scoop a little mixture in a metal spoon and let it cool down. If the mixture coagulate, then the mixture is ready.
4. Scoop about 6 tbsp (~50g) of the mixture into each pudding bottle. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, or till the mixture harden.
5. Pour 100g of low-fat evaporated milk to the remaining mixture in the pot. Turn off the heat and cover the pot.
6. After the 20 minutes wait, pour an equal amount of milk mixture to each bottle. Allow the mixture to cool down before refrigeration.
Whipped cream (optional)
100g whipping cream, 35% fat
1 tsp instant custard powder
2.5 tsp cold fresh milk
1 tsp icing sugar
1. Freeze a metal bowl, a wet tablecloth and a pair of whisks in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
2. Mix instand custard powder and 2.5 tsp cold fresh milk into a soft paste.
3. Pour whipping cream into the icy cold bowl, and whip at medium high speed till the cream thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Or starting to see a wavy trail following behind the whisks.
4. Add in the icing sugar and custard paste. Continue to whip for about 1 to 2 minutes. When the cream starting to show distinct trail, lower the mixer speed to lowest. Whip till stiff peaks formed.
Do not over whip the cream, or it will disintegrate into fat and water :(
5. Transfer the cream to a pipping bag, and keep it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before use.
6. Pipe the cream over the jelly and serve cold :)