A sweet and spicy chicken thighs baked to a shiny golden hue. Love the slightly sweet and sticky coating on the tender juicy thighs. Simple ingredients but with great taste :P
Cajun seasoning is a mixture of salt, paprika, rice flour, pepper, onion, basil, garlic, chili, fennel and thyme.
Yield: 4 thighs
4 chicken thighs 鸡中腿
1/4 tsp salt 盐
2 tsp raw sugar 黄砂糖
1 tsp honey 蜜糖
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning Cajun调味粉
1 tbsp olive oil 橄榄油
1. Rinse and drain chicken thighs. Trim away any visible fat with a pair of kitchen scissors.
2. Add all the marinades, except the olive oil, into the mixing bowl with the chicken thighs.
3. Use your hand to mix and ensure the thighs are well coated with the marinades.
5. Cover the marinated thighs with a cling wrap and marinate for at least 1/2 hours. I let them marinate for three hours.
6. Place the thighs in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake the thighs in a preheated oven toaster at 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven toaster and baste the thighs with the oil collected from the tray.
9. Return the tray to the toaster oven and continue to bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven toaster and baste the thighs with the oil again.
Repeat this steps for 3 times.
10. At the final round of roasting, turn up the temperature to 200 degree Celsius and bake the thighs for about 1 minute.
After the roasting, allow the thighs to remain in the toaster oven and let the remnant heat melts the fat under the skin.
11. Serve the thighs with warm rice. A few drops of fresh lime juice will make a more palatable dish. Enjoy :)