A delicious loaf of sweet bread with a corn flavour crumb and a vanilla cookie crust. Although the steps are more tedious, which involves both the bread dough and the cookie dough prepare concurrently, with good planning and timing, you'll enjoy a good loaf of bread at the end.
The corn bread can be prepared and baked without the cookie crust, too :)
Yield: one 12x12x13cm loaf bread
Bread weight: 558g
A powerful blender 强力搅拌器
Mayer MMBM12 breadmaker 面包机
While waiting for the steamed corns to cool down, you can start making the pastry dough. You need to get the cookie dough ready within 100 minutes from the time the breadmaker starts working, in order to rush before the baking starts. The baking will start at 0:45 h.
Vanilla Cookie Crust
10g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
15g icing sugar 糖粉
10g beaten egg 蛋液
35g Prima top/cake flour 低筋面粉
1/8 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
1/4 tsp vanilla extract 香草精
1. Mix top flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Whip softened butter for about 1 minute using a hand whisk, then mix in the icing sugar. Continue to cream till light and pale.
3. Slowly blend in the beaten egg and vanilla extract.
4. Sieve and fold in the flour mixture from (1), until the mixture form into a lump.
5. Transfer the pastry dough over to a sheet of food wrap. Wrap and shape into a square or the shape of the bread pan opening. Make into a smaller size so later can roll again into a bigger piece at step (6).
Refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes, or till it is partially hardened.
6. When the pastry dough has became partially harden, take it out from the fridge. Loosen the food wrap slightly and roll the pastry dough into the shape and size of your bread pan opening.
Return to the fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes to harden the pastry dough again.
A warm pastry dough is sticky and difficult to work on, so need to refrigerate to harden it.
7. After the pastry dough has hardened again, dust it with some flour, and use the blunt edge of a dough cutter to imprint some lines on the pastry dough.
8. Return the tray of pastry dough to the fridge till needed.
105g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
75g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
20g condensed milk 炼乳
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
30g fine sugar 细糖
25g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
250g Prima bread flour 百龄麦高筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
1. Steamed corn kernels and pandan leaf at high heat for about 15 minutes.
2. Wait for the corn kernels to cool to room temperature. Blend 75g of corn kernels, with 105g of cold milk in a food processor till creamy.
3. Stir in the condensed milk and keep the mixture in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
Pour the cold corn mixture into the bread pan.
4. Add in beaten egg.
5. Add in sugar, salt and cold butter.
6. Pour in bread flour.
7. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
8. Place the bread pan into the bread machine.
9. Select "C-02" Sweet Bread function; select dough weight "500g"; and choose the crust colour. And press "Start".
10. When the countdown timer read "1:30" h, a series of beeps can be heard. Pause the program by pressing the "Stop" button.
Take out the dough,
11. Place the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
Flip over the dough, so the smoother side will be facing out when roll up.
13. Return the dough to the bread pan and press the "stop/start" button again to resume proofing program.
14. When the countdown timer reads "1:00" h, place the cold pastry dough over the bread dough.
15. When the baking starts at "0:45" h, cover the window with a sheet of aluminum foil. This is to minimize heat loss through the window.
16. The bread is ready *\(^o^)/*
17. Remove the bread from the bread pan and cool on a wire rack.
18. After the bread has cooled down completely, slice the bread and enjoy :)