Finally bought myself a new bread maker - Mayer brand model MMBM12 for a mere S$108 from Best Denki. To put the machine to a full test, I baked a simple red tea milk bread using a "sweet" bread function. The dough raised and baked well with even browning and soft texture.
One impressive feature of the new BM as compared to my previous BM is the "beep" reminder of the shaping time, just before the 2nd proofing. Hence, next time I do not need to time for it :)
Equipment: Mayer Breadmaker MMBM 12
2 red tea bags 红茶包
100g hot water 热水
~75g cold water 冷水
20g beaten egg 蛋液
30g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
225g bread flour 高筋面粉
25g superfine wholegrain flour超细全麦面粉
10g full cream milk powder全脂奶粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
Some beaten egg or fresh milk 些许蛋液
1. Steep 2 red tea bags in hot water for about 10 minutes.
Squeeze dry the tea bags and set aside.
Top up the red tea with about 75g of cold water to a total weight of 155g.
80g red tea + 75g cold water = 155g
2. Add red tea from (1), beaten egg, raw sugar, salt and cold unsalted butter to the bread pan.
3. Mix bread flour, superfine wholegrain flour, milk powder and red tea leaves together, and add to the bread pan.
4. Dig a hole at the top of the flour and pour the instant dry yeast in.
Select the "sweet bread" function, C-02,
choose your preferred crust colour
and start the program.
This step is optional. You can choose to leave the dough undisturbed till the baking finish.
6. When the countdown timer reads 1:30, the bread maker will give off a series of "beep". Wear a pair of disposable glove to lift up the dough and remove the kneading blade from the bottom of the dough.
Place the dough back to the pan and continue the proofing program.
7. When the countdown timer reads 0:45, the baking process will begin. Apply a thin coat of fresh milk or beaten egg over the top of the dough.
Cover the window of the lid with an aluminum foil. This will prevent the crust from developing a pale spot.
6. When the baking program ends, remove the loaf and cool on a wire rack.
7. Slice the loaf after the loaf has completely cool down. Enjoy :)
I chose Mayer brand BM partly because it can fit into my little kitchen cabinet $space ><