A soft and slightly sweetened bread with a crust partially covered by oatmeal and drizzled honey. The crumb has pockets or streaks of melted herb-flavoured Monterey Jack cheese. These were where all the wonderful aroma came from.
This bread is easily prepared using the "Soft Bread" and pause function of the Mayer breadmaker. With the kitchen temperature surging above 31 degree Celsius recently, using a breadmaker to knead and bake bread really helped to reduce heat loss to the surrounding (^o^)
Yield: one 12.5x12.5x13 cm loaf
Raw dough weight:
Bread weight: 587g
Equipment: Mayer Breadmaker MMBM12
Using 55g omega-3 egg
120g cold fresh milk 冷牛奶
55g egg 鸡蛋
30g raw sugar 黄砂糖
3g salt^ 盐
30g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
15g milk powder 奶粉
250g bread flour 高筋面粉
3g instant dry yeast* 即发干酵母
^ 3g salt is close to 1/2 tsp
* 3g of yeast is about 3/4 tsp
4 slices Pepper Jack sliced cheese 乳酪片
Pepper jack cheese is a derivative of Monterey Jack that is often flavored with spicy chili peppers, as well as
1/2 tsp egg white 蛋白
2 tbsp quick cook oatmeal 快煮燕麦
1 tsp honey 蜂蜜
1. Mix bread flour with milk powder. Set aside.
2. Pour all the ingredients into the bread pan following the sequence listed in the ingredients.
4. When the countdown timer reads 1:30 hr, the bread maker will give off a series of "beep" sound.
5. Place the dough onto a floured work top. Flatten the dough to release the trapped air.
8. Roll up the dough, starting from the shorter end.
Pinch to seal the openings
Place the dough back to the bread pan, and press the start button.
9. When the countdown timer reads 0:50h, the baking process will begin.
Drizzle a little honey over.
Do not over-add the honey.
10. Cover the window of the lid with an aluminum foil. This will prevent the crust from developing a pale spot.
11. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack to cool down completely.
Slice the bread and enjoy this aromatic slice of bread :)