I have tried this sweet corn bread recipe with cookie crust about two weeks ago.
Today, I tried a different crust on this delicious loaf of bread - added almond flakes and sprinkled with fine sugar. This is faster and easier than cookie crust. Love the sweet nutty crust :)
Bread weight: 501g
Raw dough weight: 529g
105g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
75g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
20g condensed milk 炼乳
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
30g fine sugar 细糖
25g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
250g Prima bread flour 百龄麦高筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
Glazing & Toppings
Some egg wash
2 tbsp almond flakes
1 tsp fine sugar
1. Steamed corn kernels and pandan leaf at high heat for about 15 minutes.
2. Wait for the corn kernels to cool to room temperature. Blend 75g of corn kernels, with 105g of cold milk in a food processor till creamy.
3. Stir in the condensed milk and keep the mixture in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
Pour the cold corn mixture into the bread pan.
4. Add in beaten egg.
5. Add in sugar, salt and cold butter.
6. Pour in bread flour.
7. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
8. Place the bread pan into the bread machine.
9. Select "C-02" Sweet Bread function; select dough weight "500g"; and choose the crust colour. And press "Start".
10. When the countdown timer read "1:30" h, a series of beeps can be heard. Pause the program by pressing the "Stop" button.
Take out the dough,
and remove the kneading blade.
11. Place the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
Flip over the dough, so the smoother side will be facing out when roll up.
To me, this method of rolling up the dough would better accommodate the turning pin protruding from the base of bread pan.
13. Return the dough to the bread pan, spray some water, and press the "stop/start" button to resume proofing program.
14. When the countdown timer reads "0:46" h, press the "stop/start" buttom to pause the program.
Apply egg wash over the surface, add almond flakes over it, and sprinkle some fine sugar over.
Press the "stop/start" button to resume. The baking process will start at "0:45"h.
15. Cover the window with a sheet of aluminum foil. This is to minimize heat loss through the window.
16. The bread is ready *\(^o^)/*
17. Remove the bread from the bread pan and cool on a wire rack.
18. After the bread has cooled down completely, slice the bread and enjoy :)