A fragrant and soft rice with a good combination of butter, garlic and black pepper flavours. The rice wasn't oily but still infused with nice aroma. The creamy sweet potato (yes, the sweet potato just melted in your mouth), nutty roasted pine nuts, as well as the crunchy, slightly sweet and sour Japanese cucumber cubes, just brought different textures to the rice.
Not forgetting the anthocyanin, the purple antioxidant, which gave the rice the nice lovely pink :)
Serving: 4 small appetite adult potions
1 3/4 cup long grain rice 香米
80g purple sweet potato, diced 紫薯切粒
1 tbsp chopped garlic 蒜蓉
1 tsp white scallion 白葱粒
Some freshly ground black pepper 粗黑胡椒粒
1 stalk coriander root 芫荽根
1 tsp butter 奶油
1 tbsp olive oil 橄榄油
1/2 chicken stock cube 鸡精块
~230g water 水
Salt & sugar to taste 盐、糖
2 sausages, cut into halves 香肠，切半
2 tbsp pine nuts 松子仁
1 tbsp green scallion 青葱粒
1 omellete, cut into stripes 煎蛋，切丝
1/2 stalk Japanese cucumber, diced* 日本黄瓜粒*
Some cut chili 辣椒丝
* marinate diced cucumber with salt, sugar, lemon juice, toasted sesame seeds and cut red chili.
1. Get ready the ingredients.
2. Rinse and soak the rice for about 15 to 20 minutes. Cover and set aside.
3. Roast pine nuts in a preheated oven toaster for about 12 minutes at 150 degree Celsius, or till lightly golden. Set aside.
4. Heat up butter and olive oil in a mini rice cooker using the "Cook" mode.
Close the lid in order to turn on the "Cook" mode.
5. When the the butter starts to bubble and sizzling, add in the garlic and white scallion. Stir briefly to coat well. Close the lid and turn on the "Cook" mode again.
7. Wait for about 30 seconds, then add in about 1/4 tsp light soya sauce.
Followed by the sweet potato cubes. Stir to coat well, close the lid and turn on the "cook" function for about 1 minute.
8. Open the lid and pour in the soaked long grain rice.
Stir to mix before adding the water.
Add water according to your rice cooker instruction, or personal preference. I add water to a height of about 1 cm above the rice.
9. Add in the chicken stock powder, sugar and salt to taste.
10. Place the sausages in the pot, cover and turn on the "cook" function.
When the function switches to "Keep Warm", let the rice keep warm for about 5 minutes before turning the power off.
After turning off the power, let the content simmer for another 15 to 30 minutes, for the rice to dry up.
11. The rice is ready *\(^o^)/*
12. Scoop the rice out, garnish and serve. Yum~