A soft and slightly sweetened green tea bread conveniently baked in a bread maker :)
Using a 250ml-pack of mildly sweetened jasmine green tea drink as the main liquid ingredients.
Yield: one 12x12x13cm loaf
Bread weight: ~461g
Raw dough weight: 504g
Breadmaker: Mayer MMBM12
150g cold jasmine green tea*
25g raw sugar
1/4 tsp salt
25g beaten egg
20g coconut/vegetable oil
235g Prima bread flour
25g Prima superfine wholegrain flour
10g milk powder
1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast
Some bread flour for sprinkling
1. Pour ingredient A into the bread pan.
2. Mix ingredient B before adding on top of ingredient A.
You may omit matcha/green tea powder if you prefer a mild green tea taste.
3. Dig a hole in the centre of the flour, and pour ingredient C in.
4. Transfer the bread pan to the bread machine. Select "C-02 Sweet Bread" function, "500g" weight, "light" crust colour, and activate it.
5. When the countdown timer read "1:30" h, a few beeps can be heard. Pause the program by pressing the "Stop/Start" button.
6. Take out the dough, and remove the kneading blade.
Place the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
Flip over the dough, so the smoother side will be facing out when roll up.
To me, this method of rolling up the dough would better accommodate the turning pin protruding from the base of bread pan.
8. Return the dough to the bread pan, spray some water, and press the "stop/start" button to resume the proofing program.
9. When the countdown timer reads "0:46" h, press the "stop/start" buttom to pause the program.
Sprinkle some flour over the top.
Press the "stop/start" button to resume. The baking process will start at "0:45"h.
10. Cover the bread maker window with a sheet of aluminum foil. This is to minimize heat loss through the window.
11. The bread is ready *\(^o^)/*
12. Remove the bread from the bread pan and cool on a wire rack.
13. After the bread has cooled down completely, slice the bread and enjoy :)