Yield: 1x18cm cake
100g butter, softened
80g raw sugar
2 eggs, beaten
100g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp icing sugar for decoration
1. In a clean mixing bowl add softened butter and sugar. Use a whisk to mix till the butter turn pale white.
2. Blend in the beaten egg in 5 separate portions. Mix well before adding the next portion.
3. Sieve in the flour premix with baking powder in 3 lots and fold in using a spatula. Minimize the number of strokes to prevent breaking the air bubbles.
4. Line a non-stick ceramic pot with parchment paper and preheat the pot before pouring the batter in.
5. Pour in the batter and use a spatula to even out the surface. Cover the pot with lid wrapped with steamer's cloth to prevent any condensed water from dripping to the cake surface.
6. Heat the cake in medium low heat for about 15 minutes, then continue to heat at low heat for about 5 minutes. Stop heating when the surface of the cake is dry.
7. Remove the cake from the heat, and let it cool for about 15 minutes before inverting it out of the pot. Continue to let the cake cools to room temperature.
8. After the cake has cooled down, slice the cake into half laterally across the middle. Spread jam or Nutella over the cut surface. Sprinkle some icing sugar over the top to decorate.
9. Cut the cake and serve :)
If you so not have strawberry jam but strawberry syrup, you can follow the steps below to prepare the strawberry gel.
Strawberry gel made from strawberry syrup:
1/8 tsp agar agar powder
30g strawberry syrup
1. Mix agar agar powder, sugar and water into a paste.
2. Add in the strawberry syrup, heat and stir constantly over low flame. Remove the strawberry gel from the heat when it bubbles.
3. Cool the strawberry gel to room temperature before spreading to the cake :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)