Yield: 14cm round cake 圆形米糕,or或
2x12cm round cakes, or或
20x12cm rectangle mould长型米糕
70g rice flour 粘米粉
60g water 水
100g water 水
45g fine sugar 细白糖
1 pandan leaf, optional 香兰叶，可不加
1/4 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
1 tsp water 水
1. Line a 14 cm cake tin , or two 12cm plates, with parchment paper.
2. Mix rice flour and 60g of water in a mixing bowl into a paste. Set aside.
4. Pour the boiling sugar water to the rice paste in (2) and stir well. Partially cover and let the batter cool down for about 10～15 minutes.
5. When the batter cools to around 35 degree Celsius, pour the yeast premixed with 1 tsp of water into the batter. Blend well.
6. Cover the batter with a lid and let it proofs for 2 to 3 hours. At the end of the proofing, small bubbles will float at the surface of the batter.
7. Give the batter a good stir before pouring into the lined cake tin.
A. Using a rice cooker to steam
8. Pour about 400 ml of water into a rice cooker and place a steamer stand in it.
Select 'Steam' function and set the cooking time to
A) 5 minutes if steam in two separate plates, or
B) 7 minutes if steam in one cake tin
and start steaming the batter in the rice cooker till cooked.
9. Let the cake cool down before cutting it :)
B. Using a pot over stove to steam
You can also steam the batter in a covered pan or pot for 15 to 20 minutes in medium heat.
P.S. A thicker cake, like the one in a round cake mould, will need longer steaming time, and vice versa. A thinner cake in a bigger plate is recommended :)
C. Using a mini electric steamer
In 2 small trays
Grease the two small trays before pouring in the batter.
Turn the timer to 15 minutes, and steam from cold water. Allow the cake to stay in the steamer for about 5 minutes.
Wrap the cake with cling wrap for easy dispensing of the cake :)
can use little for water? i dont digital weight.ReplyDelete
Hi Huiwen, you can make a direct conversion between gram and ml. 70g water = 70ml 😊Delete
Thx for sharingReplyDelete
Goh NgaiLeng. Always love to follow ur recipes bcos ur explanation is so clear with steps by steps pic.
Hi Maria, thank you for leaving me your sweet comment. I'm happy that you enjoyed reading my recipes 💕😀Delete
Thks for the detailed cooking instructions. Very helpful n easy to understand the step by step guide.ReplyDelete
Hi Pauline, thank you for sending me this very encouraging comment 💕💕😊Delete
Can I check why there is a glue taste to the end product? Even when steaming, I can smell it. ThanksReplyDelete