Yield: 8 x 8cm diameter buns
90g fresh milk 鲜奶
15g condensed milk 炼乳
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
180g bread flour 高筋面粉
10g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
30g multigrain soya pulp 五谷豆渣*
30g fine sugar 细糖
20g beaten egg 蛋液
1/2 tsp salt 盐
30g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
Some beaten egg for glazing 蛋液
1 tsp sesame seeds 芝麻粒
* you may replace the 30g soya pulp by 30g fresh milk and 10g top/cake flour.
* 30g 五谷豆渣可由 30g 鲜奶和10g 低筋面粉取代。
1. If you are using fridge-cold milk, you can warm the whole milk and condensed milk in rice cooker for 10 minutes.
Or, you can leave them in room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle yeast over the surface of the warm milk without stirring it. Let it stand for about 10 minutes till foamy.
The temperature of the warm milk should not exceed 38 degree Celsius.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients, except yeast milk mixture and butter, in a mixing bowl.
4. Slowly add in the yeast milk mixture and stir in one direction till it combine into a lump. Let it rests for 20 minutes to allow the flour to fully absorb the liquid.
5. As the dough is quite sticky, wearing a CPE disposable gloves would make kneading easier. Knead the dough by slamming, pulling, and folding the dough, until the dough becomes smooth. This process takes about 10 minutes.
6. Spread out the dough and apply softened butter. Knead to incorporate butter into the dough.
7. Continue to knead till you can stretch out the dough into a thin membrane. This takes about 10 minutes.
8. Shape the dough into a ball by pulling down the sides several times, till the dough surface is stretched and smooth, and seal at the bottom.
9. Spray some water over the dough, cover with a lid and let it proof for about 60 minutes, or till the dough doubles in size.
10. At the end of proofing, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and flatten the dough with your palm.
11. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions, about 41g each.
12. Roll up the individual doughs and shape into balls by pulling down the side of the dough, and seal at the bottom.
13. Coat the dough ball with flour and place on a floured non-stick baking sheet.
allow the dough to proof in a close oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
You may raise the oven temperature slightly by turning on the minimum temperature for 1 minutes.
14. After the proofing, transfer the tray of dough out of the oven, and preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
Apply beaten egg over the surface of the dough,
15. Bake the dough for 18 to 20 minutes at 170 degree Celsius, or till the top turn golden.
16. Allow the hamburger buns to cool down completely before slicing them.
Serve with beef patty coated with teriyaki sauce,
or with cucumber, tomato and toasted onion. Enjoy :P
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)