Every weekday morning, I would collect a nice bowl of multigrain soya pulp from my soya milk brewing. Wondering what's inside the multigrain soya pulp? It has a combination of organic soya beans, black beans, white beans, almond, walnut, and pumpkin seeds.
Yield: two 10x10x10cm loaves
70g fresh milk 鲜奶
10g condensed milk 炼乳
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
135g bread flour 高筋面粉
10g top flour 低筋面粉
20g multigrain soya pulp 五谷豆渣
30g fine sugar 细糖
15g beaten egg 蛋液
1/8 tsp salt 盐
20g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
Some beaten egg for glazing 蛋液
1. If you are using cold milk and condensed milk, you may want to heat them up using the "keep warm" mode of the rice cooker. Just need to keep warm the milk in the rice cooker for about 3 minutes.
2. Sprinkle yeast over the surface of the warm milk (not exceeding 38 degree Celsius)，without stirring it. Let it stands for 15 minutes to activate it.
3. Mix all ingredients, except milk yeast mixture and butter, in a mixing bowl.
4. Add in the milk yeast mixture, stir in one direction to combine into a lump. Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes to allow the flour to fully absorb the liquid.
5. As the dough is quite sticky, wearing a CPE disposable gloves would make kneading easier. Knead the dough by slamming, pulling, and folding the dough, until the dough becomes smooth. This process takes about 5 minutes.
6. Spread out the dough and apply softened butter onto it. Knead to incorporate butter into the dough.
7. Continue to knead till you can stretch out the dough. This takes about 10 minutes.
8. Shape the dough into a ball by pulling down the sides several times, till the dough surface is stretched and smooth, and seal at the bottom.
9. Spray some water over the dough, cover with a lid and let it proof for about 60 minutes, or till it double in size.
10. At the end of proofing, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and flatten the dough with your palm.
11. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, about 150g each.
12. Roll up the dough.
Fold into half, to allow the two ends meet.
Shape the dough into a ball by pulling down the sides of the dough several times till the surface is tight and smooth, and seal at the bottom. Roll the dough within your palm to shape into a ball.
13. Place the doughs into a 20x10x6cm lightly greased loaf pan . Spray some water over them.
14. Proof the doughs for 40 to 50 minutes , or till the dough is about 1cm above the rim of the pan, with the oven door close.
15. At the end of 40 or 50 minutes, remove the dough from the oven. And preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
16. Apply egg wash over the surface of the dough.
17. Bake the loaf at 180 degree Celsius for about 18 to 20 minutes, or till the top turns golden brown.
If the surface turns brown at about 12 minutes, cover it with an aluminum foil to prevent further browning.
18. Remove the loaf and pan from the oven, and invert out the loaf immediately.
19. Let the loaf cools own on a wire rack before slicing. Serve fresh :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)