I like to bake my own cashew nuts for dressing up dishes or just as tidbit. They are nicely brown to golden and do not have grains of salt on them. I just give the nuts a quick "salt bath" before toasting in an oven toaster.
Cashew nuts are best consumed when they are freshly baked ^^
Yield: 40g lightly salted cashew nuts
40g raw cashew nuts
1. Give the raw cashew nut a quick rinse.
Do not soak the nut to prevent the nut from becoming too damp.
2. Add about 1/8 tsp of salt and 30ml of water to the nuts. Give the nuts a quick rinse and pour away the salt water. This is to give the nuts a light coat of salt.
3. Spread out the drained cashew nuts over a metal plate in a single layer.
4. Heat the nuts in an oven toaster at 100 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes. Give the nuts a few tossings after about 5 minutes into baking to ensure even heating.
This process is to dry up the nuts.
5. Increase the temperature to 150 degree Celsius and start baking the nuts for about 10 minutes.
To ensure even browning, toss the nuts every 1 to 2 minutes.
To avoid over-browning the nuts, stand closely by your nuts ><
At the end of the baking.
6. Allow the nuts to cool down slightly before munching. Hot nuts are soft, wait for them to cool down :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)