I adapted this pão de queijo recipe from the “Baking with dog" YouTube video. The recipe is relatively lower in fat as compared to the other similar recipes. The cheese ball has a crispy crust and a chewy interior, when hot. The addition of a little sugar and roasted black sesame seeds gave the cheese ball a slight sweetness and more interesting texture respectively. Salt has been omitted as the Parmesan cheese carries a little saltiness in it :)
If you have excess tapioca starch after the CNY baking of kueh Bangkit, this is a good recipe which helps to put the tapioca starch into good use ^^
100g tapioca starch 茨粉
25g beaten egg 蛋液
30g Parmesan cheese (grated or granules) 帕尔马干酪粉/丝
10g black sesame seeds 烤香黑芝麻
50g fresh milk 鲜奶
50g water 水
15g raw sugar 细砂糖
15g vegetable oil 植物油
1. Roast black sesame seeds in a preheated oven toaster for about 5 minutes at 150 degree Celsius.
2. Pour milk, water, sugar and vegetable oil into a pot to heat up till almost boiling.
It is crucial to heat up the milk mixture temperature to reaching boiling in order to make a not-so-sticky dough later.
3. Immediately, pour the hot milk mixture into the bowl of tapioca starch. Combine the mixture with a spatula without delay.
3. When the dough temperature cools down slightly , knead the mixture into a smooth dough. Wear a glove to handle the sticky dough.
4. Add in 1/2 of the beaten egg, continue to knead till well combined. Repeat the step to finish up the remaining egg.
5. Pour in the Parmesan cheese and black sesame seeds to combine into a smooth dough.
6. Divide the dough into 12 portions and shape them into balls.
Coat your hands with a little oil to handle the sticky dough.
7. Place the dough balls over a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake in a preheated oven set at 170 degree Celsius for about 25 to 30 minutes, or till the crust slightly brown. Place at middle rack.
9. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy the chewy chewy cheese balls warm :)
Recipe adapted from
with great appreciation :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)