Yield: Four 5" round pies
80g plain flour 中筋面粉
80g superfine wholegrain flour 超细全麦面粉
90g cold unsalted butter 无盐奶油
1/4~1/2 tsp salt 盐
1/2 tsp icing/fine sugar 糖粉/细砂糖
4~6 tsp cold water 冰水
1. Place all the ingredients, except the cold water, in a mixing bowl.
Keep the ingredients in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Use a dough cutter to cut the cold butter and mix with the flour into bread crumb form.
3. Finally add in cold water to bind the bread-crumb alike mixture together into a big lump. The cold water to be added one teaspoon by teaspoon.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions, about 66g each. Cover and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
All ingredients in room temperature
180g Frozen Maur otah 冷藏麻坡窝打
4 eggs (55~60g each) 鸡蛋
100g fresh milk 牛奶
Some seasoning powder 调味粉
Dash of black pepper powder黑胡椒粉
Dash of salt 盐
1/2 tsp chopped garlic 蒜粒
25g baby spinach leaves 苋菜叶
1 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded 乳酪丝
1. Let the Frozen Maur otah paste thaw in room temperature for about 15 minutes.
Wrap the cold Maur otah block in a big sheet of parchment paper.
Fold the parchment paper into half, make a series of small folds along the edge to make a paper pocket.
Steam at high heat for about 20 minutes, or till cooked.
This helps to remove excess liquid from the otah paste before adding to the filling.
Break the cooked otah into big chunks. Set aside.
2. Wash and drain spinach leaves. Cut into thin strips. Squeeze out excess juice.
3. Mix egg, milk, seasoning powder, black pepper powder, salt and garlic together. Set aside.
As the otah has been seasoned, so need not add too much salt and seasoning powder to the egg mixture.
Try not to stir in too much air.
4. Place spinach leaves and otah chunks into the shell crust, pour in the egg mixture.
6. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at middle rack at 200 degree Celsius for about 18 to 20 minutes, or till the centre of the pie becomes bulge.
8. Allow the quiches to cool down for about 5 minutes before inverting it out to enjoy :)
Garnish with sprigs of Chinese coriander leaves.
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)