2 slices ginger
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp salted soya bean paste
5 big leaves of cabbage
20 slices carrot
5 shiitake mushrooms, halve or quarter
Some bean curd skin
2 black fungus
1 bunch glass noodle
You can get the dry ingredients in a bag from supermarket.
2 tbsp oyster sauce
A few drops of sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
1. Clean and soak all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Rinse once and soak the preserved salted soya beans for about 1/2 hour.
If you prefer saltier taste, just rinse the preserved salted soya beans will do.
3. Peel and cut carrot into about 0.5 cm thick. Set aside.
4. Rinse and cut cabbage into bite sizes. Set aside.
5. Add about 1 tbsp olive oil into a hot pan. Then place ginger, garlic and salted bean paste to sautée.
6. Stir in the cabbage, cover the lid and wait for it to soften.
7. Add in the remaining ingredients, except the glass noodle, and pour in the sauce ingredients. The sauce should be able to cover about 80% of the vegetables. Cover the lid, and let them cook till your desired softness.
8. Towards the end of the cooking, add in the glass noodle to absorb all the excess liquid. Simmer till the glass noodle is cooked.
9. Garnish with Chinese coriander and serve hot with warm rice :)