Serving: 4 adults
200g minced pork
1 small capsicum, cut into bite size
120g mixed vegetables
2~3 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tomato, cut into wedges
Some spring onions
1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp starch
1/2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp oil
Tomato sauce ingredients:
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp starch powder
1. Soak the frozen mixed vegetables in water for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
2. Roast the sliced button mushroom in an oven toaster at high temperature for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Marinate the minced pork with dark soya sauce, salt and sugar for 5 minutes.
4. Then add starch, water and oil to the marinated minced pork. Set aside.
5. Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a pot at medium high heat. Pour the capsicum pieces into it, cover the lid. Lightly toss the pot to 'stir' the capsicum after awhile. When the capsicum is cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes later, remove it from the pot and set aside.
6. Lower the heat to medium and add about 1/2 tsp of butter to the pot.
7. When the butter starts to bubble, pour in the drained mixed vegetables. Do a quick stir, then add in pinch of salt, sugar and seasoning powder.
Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, scoop out the cooked mixed vegetables and set aside.
8. Add about 1 tsp of olive oil to the pot. When the oil is hot, pour in the marinated minced pork, and give it a quick stir to separate the pork into tiny bits.
9. When the pork starts to turn to pale, pour in the tomato sauce mixture and tomato wedges. Cook till the gravy bubbles. Lower the heat to low, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
10. Pour in the cooked capsicum pieces and spring onions to the gravy. Stir and set aside.
11. Scoop the minced pork gravy and cooked mixed vegetables onto warm rice and top with sliced button mushrooms, and Chinese coriander :)