Yield: 5 cupcakes
Cream cheese filling
125g cream cheese, room temperature
30g fine sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Give the softened cream cheese a few stirs using a hand whisk before adding other ingredients.
2. Add in the sugar and continue to whip.
3. Add in lemon juice and blend well.
4. Spoon the cream cheese filling into a piping bag fixed with a nozzle.
Vanilla sponge cake
3 egg yolks, room temperature
20g salted butter, softened
1 tsp cooking oil
1/8 tsp vanilla essence
23g top flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
3 egg whites, room temperature
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Mix top flour with baking powder from Ingredient B together. Set aside.
2. Mix 30g sugar with cream of tartar from Ingredient C. Set aside.
3. Mix egg yolks, 25g sugar, then follow by melted butter, cooking oil and vanilla essence of Ingredient A using an hand whisk.
4. Sieve flour mixture from (1) into the yolk mixture in (3) in 3 additions.
5. In a clean and grease-free bowl, beat egg white using an electric mixer at high speed for 1 minute.
6. Add in sugar and beat at low speed for about 10 sec, or when the sugar well incorporated with the egg white.
Continue to whip at medium speed for 3 minutes, or till you see stiff peaks.
7. Fold the egg white into the yolk batter in (4) in 3 additions.
8. Scoop the batter into the paper moulds. Only need to fill up to about 3/5 height of the paper mould.
9. Arrange the cupcake moulds in a tray and bake for about 15 minutes at 170 degree Celsius, or till the top turns golden.
10. Let the cupcakes cool completely before injecting the cream cheese filling.
11. Let the cupcakes cools in the fridge for about 1 hour.
Serve cold :)