Serve: 4 dessert cups
Sweet Red Beans
80g red beans
Water to cover the beans during steaming
200g + 200g water for steaming
3~4 tbsp sugar
You can view the photo illustration through another similar recipe, as red bean paste
1. Rinse and soak red beans for at least 4 hours or overnight. Use hot water to soak.
2. Drain and discard the soaked water. Pour the red beans into a heat resistant ware. Add fresh water to just cover the beans.
3. Pour 200g water into the rice cooker pot.
4. Place the red beans with the heat resistant ware into the rice cooker.
Start to cook the red beans using the 'Rice Cooking' mode.
5. When the cooking process is over, add another 200g of water into the rice cooker pot, and cook the red beans for a second time.
6. When the cooking is over, let the beans sit in the rice cooker for 1/2 an hour.
7. Take out the beans, drain away the red bean soup, and add 3 to 4 tbsp sugar to the beans and mix well.
Return the beans to the rice cooker, and keep warm for 15 minutes to melt the sugar.
8. Transfer the sweet red beans to a clean container. Ready to be used in dessert.
This can be bought from supermarket
Palm sugar syrup
1/2 chunk palm sugar
2 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp sugar
1 small piece of pandan leaf
1. Mix all these ingredients together and keep warm in a rice cooker for 15 minutes to melt the sugar.
2. Stir to mix well. Keep the syrup in a clean container.
Coconut & Milk
350g low fat milk
50g coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
1 pandan leaf, knotted
1. Lightly boil all ingredients together.
Do not over boil the mixture to avoid fat separating from water.
2. Pour the hot mixture into a stainless steel ware to cool to room temperature .
3. Cover the cool mixture and place into the freezer to chill.
4. After 3 hours, take out the mixture and give it a few stirs to loosen the ice. Place back to the freezer.
Stir again after 1 hour. Repeat the procedure till the mixture resembles shave ice.
5. To assemble the cups, first pour in the palm sugar syrup,
6. Pour in the coconut & milk ice,
7. Scoop green chendol and sweet red beans on top,