An easy to prepare black bean milk pudding using packet drinks :)
Yield: 4 x 200ml pudding bottles
25g raw sugar
1 tsp* agar agar powder (seaweed powder)
1 pandan leaf (optional)
390ml^ black bean milk
* 1 tsp of agar agar powder is about 3 g. Reduce quantity if prefer a softer texture.
^ 1 packet of black bean milk has 195ml in volume.
1. Mix raw sugar, agar agar powder and 50g of water in a bowl. Let the mixture stands for about 15 minutes.
2. Heat up 200g of water and pandan leaf, until you can see small bubbles appearing at the bottom of the pot.
Cover the pot to speed up the heating up process.
3. Pour in the agar agar mixture from (1). Heat and stir till the agar-agar dissolves.
To check whether the agar agar powder has totally dissolved, take a small spoonful of mixture, and place in the fridge for about 5 minutes. If the mixture coagulated, then the mixture is ready.
4. Pour the black bean milk to the mixture in the pot. Stir to form a homogenous mixture. Cover with a lid to prevent the surface from forming a milk skin.
Take a spoonful of agar agar-milk mixture to check whether the mixture can coagulate well.
5. Pour an equal amount of agar agar-milk mixture to the 4 pudding bottles.
Cover with a lid and allow the puddings to cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge.
You may want to add an additional layer to the pudding:
15g raw sugar
1/8 tsp agar agar powder
2 tsp water
50ml hot water
1) Mix raw sugar, agar agar powder and 2 tsp of water in a bowl. Let the mixture stands for 15 minutes.
2) Heat up 50ml of hot water. When the bubbles starts to appear at the bottom of the water, pour in mixture from (1). Stir to dissolve completely.
3) Pour (2) into the pudding bottles to form the top layer.
Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Serve cold :)