Homemade cream of corn allows me to add ingredients I liked and adjust the seasoning to my taste. No butter, just the thickened cream to give the soup a little cream taste ^^
The soup tasted creamy but not rich. Love the crunchiness of the sweet corns. The thermal cooker helps to cook the potato and carrot to soft with minimal energy consumed.
The soup and home baked garlic bread made a good lunch combination :)
Yield: 2-person serving
1 potato, diced 马铃薯，切粒
1/4 onion, chopped 大葱，剁碎
1 garlic, chopped 蒜头，剁碎
2 cm carrot, diced 胡萝卜，切粒
100g corn kernels 玉米粒
250ml chicken stock 鸡汤
2 ~ 5 tbsp whipping cream 动物性鲜奶油
1. Soak potato cubes in salt water for about 15 minutes.
2. Pour about 1 tbsp of olive oil into a preheated pot.
3. Lightly brown the garlic before adding the onion.
4. When the onion becomes fragrant, add in the drained diced potato.
Stir fry at medium heat till the diced potato turns into semi translucent.
5. Pour in the diced carrot and corn, stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
6. Pour about 100ml of the chicken stock to the pot. This helps to "wash-off" the vegetables from the pot to the inner pot of the thermal cooker.
7. Pour the rest of the chicken stock to the inner pot.
Followed by 100 ml of water.
8. Bring the ingredients to a light boil.
Leave a gap between the lid and the pot, and allow the ingredients to simmer for about 10 minutes.
9. Transfer the inner pot to the outer pot, and lock with the lid. Allow the ingredients to stay in the pot for 1/2 an hour.
10. After 1/2 an hour, add thickened cream and seasonings like salt and black pepper powder, according to your taste.
11. Serve warm with garlic bread for a delightful meal :P
Great appreciation to the recipe I learned from :)