A nice and creamy ice cream incorporating fresh mango and mango yoghurt:
Yield: 650g ice cream
200g 35% whipping cream
50g fine sugar
260~300g mango fresh
140g mango yoghurt
1. Keep a damp kitchen cloth, a deep metal mixing bowl, and a pair of whisks in the freezer for 1/2 an hour.
Keeping the equipment cold is essential in whipping up the cream in our hot climate.
2. Cut some of the mango in chunks and use a spoon to scoop out the rest.
3. Blend mango (except the mango chunks), mango yoghurt and fine sugar in a food blender till creamy.
4. Keep the yoghurt mango paste and mango chunks in the fridge till needed.
5. Remove the cold equipment from the freezer. Pour whipping cream into the cold mixing bowl standing on the cold damp kitchen cloth.
6. Fix the cool whisks to the hand mixer and start whipping the cream at high speed for about 2.5 to 3 minutes.
Do not over whip the cream to prevent it from segregating into butter and water.
A stiff whipped cream will result in a hard ice cream.
6. Slowly blend in the whipped cream into the cold yoghurt mango paste in a few batches.
7. Pour the mixture into a big bowl, cover with a tight lid, and keep in a freezer for more than 5 hours or overnight.
8. Let the ice cream stand in room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving. This is to make the ice cream easier to scoop out.
10. Scoop the ice cream into the serving cups top with cold mango chunks. Serve immediately:)
You can also store the ice cream in individual cups and refrigerate for easy serving :)
Great appreciation goes to Jess Lim for sharing this delicious recipe:)