I love this simple and yet aromatic loaf of white bread. My past two bakes were based on 300g flour weight and bake in a 20x10x10cm Pullman tin. I've proportionate the previous recipe and came out with a smaller quantity recipe to suit my small BM. Further, this round I used the icy cold water, which most recent Pain de Mie recipe based on, instead of using warm water.
Personally I felt the BM kneaded and baked loaf was not as good as the handkneaded and oven baked loaves, but the aroma of the BM bread was still comparable to the oven baked ones :)
Yield: one 12x11x12cm bread
Weight: 430 g
Whirlpool breadmaker BM1000
162g ice cold water 冰水
15g coconut/vegetable oil 椰油/植物油
21g fine sugar 细砂糖
1/2 tsp salt 盐
10g milk powder 奶粉
250g bread flour 高筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母
10g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
1. Pour fridge cold water with some ice cubes to make up to 162g in total mass.
2. Pour the icy cold water from (1) into the bread pan.
3. Add in the coconut/vegetable oil.
4. Add in the sugar and salt.
6. Add in bread flour.
7. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
8. Place the bread pan into the bread maker. Select "dough" function and start the process.
9. Add in butter when the timer reads 1:20 (10 minutes after the program started).
The dough is ready.
10. Sprinkle some bread flour over both the work top and dough before inverting it out.
11. Flatten the dough to release the trapped air.
12. Fold in the four sides of the dough and flip over (so the folded sides will be facing down). Cover with a lid and let it rest for about 15 min.
13. After the rest, flatten the dough and roll out into a flat oval dough.
14. Fold in the two longer wings towards the centre.
15. Roll out the dough into a flat dough again. The shorter length of the dough should correspond to the longer side of the breadmpan.
16. Flip the dough over so the smoother side will be facing out after rolling up. Roll up the dough from the shorter end.
Place the dough back to the lightly greased bread pan. The loose end of the dough should be facing down.
18. After the second proofing and the dough has reached about 4/5 height of the bread pan, brush a coat of milk over the dough.
19. Select the "Bake" function and the bake "colour". Start the program.
To prevent the loaf from developing a pale spot on the crust, cover the window with a sheet of aluminum foil.
20. Remove the bread from the bread pan immediately after leaving the bread machine. Let the loaf cool down on a wire rack before slicing it.
21. Slice with a bread knife :)
Based on my previous handkneaded recipe