A simple and easy to prepare chicken dish to go with ginger-garlic rice :)
Yield: 4 drumsticks
500~520g chicken drumsticks
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
2 slice of ginger
2 stalks white scallion
1~2 tsp low salt light soya sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp rock sugar
1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
3/4 ~ 1 bowl water
1 tsp starch water
1. Wash and trim away excess fat of the drumsticks. Pat dry and coat with the marinade for about 15 minutes.
2. Sauté ginger and white scallion in about 2 tsp of olive oil till fragrant. Add in the light soya sauce, rice wine, rock sugar and dark soya sauce.
3. Add about 3/4~1 small bowl of water and bring to a light boil.
4. Add in the marinated drumsticks and simmer at medium low heat. Cook for about 25 to 30 minutes.
Turn the drumsticks every 8 minutes to ensure even colouring of the surface.
5. At the end of the cooking, add in the starch water to thicken the sauce. Cover and let the remnant heat simmer the drumsticks.
6. Ready to eat :)
Chicken Rice ChilliIngredients
1 red chilli
1 small slice ginger
1 small garlic
1 small lime, extract the juice
1~2 tsp raw sugar
1/8 tsp light soya sauce
pinch of salt & MSG
1. Finely chop red chilli, ginger, and garlic together.
2. Mix with the rest of the ingredients in a glass container. Let the mixture stands for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Keep the chilli sauce in the fridge if for later consumption :)
Thank you for sharing your recipe! I always love Soya Sauce Chicken.. it's so yummy! I will try your recipe soon :)ReplyDelete
Thank you for leaving this nice message. This recipe is more on the sweet side, you may adjust the flavour according to your taste :)Delete
Hi NgaiLeng! I modified alittle (reduce sugar, increase soya sauce) & it taste awesome too! The chicken is really soft & tender. Everyone likes it! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us :)Delete
Thank you for sharing :) I'm truly happy to know your family likes it ^^Delete
Thank you for sharing your recipe. .ReplyDelete
Hi Rachelle, glad to share with you and hope you'll like it :)Delete