Yield: 2 omelette pizzas
Garlic pizza dough:
180g plain flour (keep about 20g of flour to adjust the moisture of the dough)
1 tsp raw sugar
3/4 tsp dry yeast
100ml warm milk or water
1/3 tsp salt
10ml or 6g olive oil
1/2 tsp toasted minced garlic, optional
1. Pour about 160g plain flour into a clean mixing bowl. Keep about 20g of the flour for adjusting the moisture of the dough in step 2.
Dig a well in the middle, and add in the sugar and dry yeast. Add in about 3 tsp of warm milk onto the yeast. Let it stand for about 2 minutes to activate the yeast.
Do not let the salt come in contact with the yeast during activation process.
|Add sugar and yeast to the |
centre of the flour
|Activated yeast foaming.|
2. Pour in the rest of the warm milk, olive oil, toasted garlic and salt to the flour and mix well. If the dough is too wet, add some flour to the dough. Or else, add some water to adjust the dough moisture level.
|Toasted garlic to be added to|
the pizza dough
3. Knead the dough till smooth and elastic. If you are kneading by hand, it will take about 20 to 25 minutes. If you use an electric mixer fixed with dough hooks, you need about 10 to 15 minutes.
|Hand knead thd dough for about|
20 to 25 minutes
|Stop kneading when the dough|
is smooth and elastic
5. Shape the dough into a ball, place in a bowl to proof for about 50 minutes. Sprinkle some water on the dough surface and cover with a lid to prevent moisture loss.
|Beginning of a proofing process.|
6. To test whether the proofing is done, insert a finger coated with flour into the middle of the dough, if the gap does not close up, then the proofing is done. Otherwise, continue to proof for another 10 minutes, and test again.
7. Deflate the dough to release trapped air. Fold in the sides, and roll into a ball divide into 2 portions. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes before roll out into pizza base.
1 can tuna or sardines, drained
1 big onion, chopped
2 garlic, chopped
1/2 red chili, chopped
1 tbsp oatmeal, optional
1 tsp ground black pepper
Salt to taste
|Onion, garlic and chillies waited|
to be ground by blender
1. Drain away the brine or oil from a can of tuna. Use a spoon to loosen the tuna chunks into flakes.
2.Blend onion, garlic and chilli coarsely using a food blender.
3. Mix all the ingredients in a clean bowl. Set aside.
Chilli for dipping:
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
5 tbsp water
Mix all ingredients together to become a dip for the omelette pizza.
Cut Japanese cucumber to go along
|Cut cucumber into stripes.|
1. Roll out one pizza dough to about 15cm in diameter.
2. Line the HCP with a parchment paper coated with olive oil on the top side. Heat the pan to medium temperature.
4. Pour 1/2 the quantity of the omelette batter into the pan. Before the omellete is cooked, cover the omelette with one pizza dough. Lock the pan lid and bake for 5 minutes, then lower the heat and bake for 5 minutes.
5. Cover the pizza dough with another parchment paper. Close and lock the lid. Flip the HCP to cook the pizza dough for about 5 to 7 minutes at medium low heat, or till it turns golden.
|Cook the omelette, then place the|
pizza dough over.
Flip the pan to cook the pizza dough
after about 10 minutes
6. Transfer the omelette pizza to a plate. Cut into desired portions, and serve with chilli sauce and cut cucumber :)