In addition, the ingredients like frozen deshelled prawns, and simple condiments can be easily found in kitchen when fresh ingredients are usually difficult to procure during that period 😉
Serving: 2 to 3 persons
257g frozen deshelled prawns*
70g onion, julienned
5g garlic, chopped
20g raw sugar
35g Dancing Chef Suki sauce
10g nasi lemak sweet sambal chilli
5g crispy prawn chilli
5g SSam Jang, Korean spicy bean paste/辣豆瓣酱
Juice from 2 green limes
5g garlic, chopped
2g coriander stems, chopped
* the 257g of frozen prawns left only 150g by weight after thawing. 100g were literally water 😓
1. Let the frozen deshelled prawns thawed before rinsing.
Add about 1/4 tsp low-sodium salt and 1/2 tsp raw sugar to the rinsed prawns. Let the prawns marinate for about 15 minutes.
2. While waiting for the prawns to marinate, mix all the ingredients, except the lime juice, under the Sauce, together in the a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut onion into julienne, and chop garlic into fine bits. Prepare the garnishing garlic and coriander stem into fine bits. Set aside.
4. Get everything ready, time to start cooking 🍳
5. Heat about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pot at medium heat. Stir fry julienned onion till softened and slightly brown. I cover the pot with a lid while the onion was cooking.
When the onion has softened, add in the chopped garlic and stir-fry till fragrant.
6. Before adding the marinated prawns to the pot, coat the prawns with about 1/4 tsp of potato starch.
Stir fry the prawns till they become pink.
7. Before adding the sauce from Step 2 to the pot, squeeze some lime juice from one green lime to the sauce.
Pour the sauce into the pot, and stir to coat all the prawns with the sauce.
8. When the sauce has thickened, add juice from one green lime to the content before transferring to a bowl.
9. Sprinkle the garnishing chopped garlic and coriander stem over the dish. Serve with warm rice 😋