Serve 4 small bowls
100g glutinous rice flour
10g rice flour
80~90g warm water
2 drops red food colour
1/2 drop green food colour
30g trim coconuts milk
50g low fat milk
1 pandan leaf
40g raw sugar
1. Mix glutinous rice flour with rice flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour in 80 g of warm water, and slowly add in the remaining 10g of water to adjust the consistency of the dough, and mix well.
3. Divide the dough into 3 portions.
Keep 1/2 as white
Add 2 drops of red colour to 1/3 dough
Add 1/2 drop of green colour to 1/6 dough
Blend the colour with the dough evenly.
4. Keep the white and pink doughs into 2 separate sandwich bags. Keep the green dough in a covered container. Let the doughs rest for about 15 minutes.
5. While resting the dough, start boiling a pot of water to cook the rice balls later.
6. Heat up the coconut milk, low fat milk, water and pandan leaf in a separate pot. When the mixture about to boil, add in the sugar. Stir well and set aside. This will be the syrup to serve with the rice balls.
7. After 15 minutes, roll out both the white and red dough within the bags using a rolling pin.
8. Cut open the sandwich bags from the centre. Keep the plastic sheet on, so as to help you maneuver the dough sheets later. Overlap the pink dough over the white dough. With the help of the sandwich bag, roll up the white and pink dough. Press tight.
9. Open up the plastic sheet, pull to break the long dough into small portions.
Roll the small dough between 2 palms to form a ball and drop into the pot of boiling water. Remember to stir the rice ball to prevent it from sticking to the base of the pot and get char.
10. Roll the green dough into a long dough. Then pull to break it into small portion. Apply the same method as step 9 to cook the green dough.
11. When the rice balls float to the surface of the boiling water, they are about cooked. Let them stay in the water for 5 minutes before transferring to a bowl of icy water.
12. To serve, scoop the rice balls into a bowl of warm milk syrup :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)