200g okra (lady fingers)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp sambal blachan chilli paste, adjustable
1/2 chunk gula Melaka or sugar, adjustable
1 tsp fish sauce
1. Boil a pot of water enough to cover the okra. When the water starting to boil, add a tsp of salt and some oil to the water.
2. When the water starts to boil again, add in the okra and blanch for about 2 to 3 minutes or to your desired softness. When cooked, remove the okra from the water and place in a plate to cool.
|Blanched the okra in a pot of hot salted|
|Let the blanched okra drain and cool down|
3. Trim away both ends of the okra. Cut into halves if the okra is long. Set aside.
|Trim off the two ends|
|Assemble the okra in a plate|
4. Heat up a non-stick pot, pour in the chopped onion and dry-fry till fragrant.
5. Add in a tsp of oil, sambal blachan chili paste, gula Melaka. When the ingredients form a liquid mixture, add in the fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
|Adding sambal chili and gula melaka|
to the onion.
6. Pour the chilli gravy over the cooked okra. Sprinkle some shrimp floss over if desire :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)