Yield: one loaf cake
Cake Pan: 16x10x5cm
Baking temperature: Preheated oven at 160℃ for 15 minutes at second upper rack, transfer to middle rack for 20 minutes
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
80g unsalted butter, softened
60g raw sugar
15g raw sugar
pinch of salt
60g top/cake flour
20g plain flour plus/plain flour
10g milk powder
2g baking powder
15g orange juice
10g golden syrup/honey
4g orange peel, chopped finely
5g raisins, cut into bit size
5g dried cranberries, cut into bit size
1. Coat the cake pan with some butter. Set aside.
2. Combine top flour, plain flour plus, baking powder and milk powder in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Pour orange juice, golden syrup, and orange peel into a small cup. Mix well and set aside.
4. Beat eggs till frothy before adding salt and raw sugar. Continue to beat till most of the raw sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
5. Cream softened butter with raw sugar till the mixture becomes pale and fluffy. About 5 minutes using Speed 6 of an handheld blender.
6. Gradually, blend in the beaten egg from Step 4.
7. Sieve and fold in the flour mixture from Step 2.
8. Finally, combine the orange juice mixture from Step 3 to the batter.
Use a silicone spatula to give the batter a thorough mix.
9. Pour about 1/3 of the batter into the prepared cake pan from Step 1. Mix the raisins and cranberry bits to the remaining batter, before pouring into the cake pan.
8. Preheat oven to 160℃ for about 10 minutes. Bake at second upper rack for about 15 minutes, before shifting to middle rack to bake for about 20 minutes, or till the cake is cooked through.
9. Transfer the cake with pan to a cooling rack for about 5 minutes.
When the cake pulls away from the wall of the pan, invert out the cake and cover it with a cling wrap to keep the cake moist.
10. When the cake has cooled down, cut and enjoy 😋