A simple and light vegetables soup with chicken essence and omellete slices. No high heating and strong seasoning involved, just some vegetables slow-boiled to tender, some crunchy cucumber chunks, a few strands of clear Korean sweet potato noodle. Poured 1 to 2 bottles of essence of chicken into the vegetable soup, topped with omellete slices and green scallion to add zest to the soup. A soup that allows you to savour the original taste of foods 😊
Serving: 2 persons
1 small onion
half bowl of cauliflower
1 mini cucumber
1 small tomato
5~8 strands Korean sweet potato noodle
2 bowls water
1~2 bottles Brand's essence of chicken
salt to taste
some cut green scallions or coriander
1. Add about 1 tbsp of milk, a few drops of fish sauce, some pepper to one beaten egg. Fried the egg batter into an omellete roll in a pan thinly coated with grapeseed oil.
Cut the omelette roll into strips. Set aside.
2. Cauliflower - wash using vegetable wash, and cut into florets.
Carrot - peel and cut into rings. Cut into flowers design is optional.
Small onion - peel and cut into rings.
Mini cucumber - peel, deseed, and cut into chunks.
Small tomato - peel, deseed, and cut into chunks,
Korean sweet potato noodle - rinse and soak in hot water till softened.
3. Add about 1/4 tsp of grapeseed oil and enough water to submerge the onion rings. Cover with a lid and bring to boil till fragrant and the onion rings have softened.
Add cauliflower, carrot, and tomato chunks to the boiling soup, top up water to just enough to submerge the ingredients. Bring to boil again, till cauliflowers have softened.
4. Add cucumber chunks and softened Korean sweet potato noodles, simmer till the noodles are cooked and become transparent.
5. Turn off the heat and pour in the Brand's chicken essence, and add salt to taste. You may add two bottles of Brand's essence chicken if you prefer a stronger taste 😋
6. Add a few omelette rings, sprinkle some cut green scallions over, and serve the vegetable clear soup warm 😍😋