Coffee milk custard prepared for my bread baking. The custard texture was smooth and have an aromatic coffee-milk fragrance 😋 I purposedly cooked the custard to a drier state, so the custard would not ooze out from the buns during baking.
10g unsalted butter
4g instant coffee powder, 2 tsp
25g raw sugar
20g hot water
27g top flour
13g potato starch
50g low fat milk
60g whipping cream
20g condensed milk
1 egg, 57g
1. Mix instant coffee powder with raw sugar in a small glass. Dissolve coffee powder and raw sugar mixture in hot water from B. Set it aside.
2. Mix C into a smooth paste.
3. Gradually add whipping cream, condensed milk and egg from D to C, one by one.
4. Mix coffee-sugar mixture from Step 1 to the mixture in Step 3.
5. Heat unsalted butter from A in a pot till bubbles. Pour mixture from Step 4 to the hot butter. Stir regularly till thickened.
6. Transfer the coffee milk custard to a clean container, and line a cling wrap sheet over the custard surface. Refrigerate after cooling down.