Servings: 4 adults
4 chicken thighs
1/2 tsp ginger,chopped
1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cooking wine
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/8 tsp dark soya sauce
1/8 tsp black pepper powder
A few drops of sesame oil, optional
Dash of chilli powder, optional
Glazing sauce ingredients:
2 tbsp spicy Korean BBQ sauce, or sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash and pat dry the four chicken thighs. Place them into a mixing bowl.
2. Add in all the marinating ingredients. Mix well and covered. Set aside for at least 1/2 hour.
You can also keep them overnight in the fridge.
3. Line the Happycall pan with parchment paper, if you want easy cleaning after cooking.
4. Preheat the pan with medium low heat. When the pan is hot, place the chicken thighs into the pan (with the skin side facing down). Close the lid, but not locking.
5. Flip the thighs every 3 to 4 minutes for the first 12 ~ 15 minutes.
6. When fat started to melt and accumulate in the pan, lower the temperature to low. Starts to baste the meat with the glazing sauce with a brush. Once you flip the meat, apply a coat of glaze to the surface, close the lid and let it grill for 3 minutes.
Repeat this process for about 15 minutes at 3~4 minutes interval.
To avoid burning the meat, shift the meat to the edge of the pan, where the temperature is lower.
7. At the final 10 minutes, keep the skin side up and baste the meat with glazing sauce every 3 minutes until you used up the glazing sauce.
8. Serve the meat hot with warm rice :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)