Yield: 4 loaves of 17Lx4Wx4H cm each
Gross loaf weight: 295g
Pan size: 20cm square pan
135g bread flour 高筋面粉
15g top flour 低筋面粉
30g fine sugar 细糖
10g condensed milk 炼乳
30g beaten egg 蛋液
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
1/8 tsp salt 盐
50g fresh milk 鲜奶
25g whipping cream 动物性鲜奶油
20g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
Some beaten egg for glazing 蛋液
1. If you are using cold milk, you may warm up your fresh milk and condensed milk in a rice cooker using "Keep Warm" function. Keep warm for about 10 minutes.
Or you can let the milk sits in room temperature for about 25 minutes.
2. When the milk mixture temperature falls between 28 to 38 degree Celsius, sprinkle instant dry yeast over the milk mixture. Need not stir the mixture. Cover the mixture and let it stands for about 15 minutes to activate the yeast.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients, except yeast milk mixture in (2) and butter, in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour in the yeast milk mixture from (2), stir in one direction to combine into a lump. Let it rest for 20 minutes to allow the flour to fully absorb the liquid.
5. As the dough is quite sticky, wearing a CPE disposable gloves would make kneading easier. Knead the dough by slamming, pulling, and folding the dough, until the dough becomes smooth. This process takes about 10 minutes.
6. Spread out the dough and apply softened butter onto it. Knead to incorporate butter into the dough.
7. Continue to knead till you can stretch out the dough into a membrane. This takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Shape the dough into a ball by pulling down the sides several times, till the dough surface is stretched and smooth, and seal at the bottom.
9. Spray some water over the dough, cover with a lid and let it proof for about 60 minutes.
10. At the end of proofing, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and flatten the dough with your palm.
11. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions, about 77g each.
12. Roll up the dough.
Fold into half, to allow the two ends meet.
Shape the dough into a ball by pulling down the sides of the dough several times till the surface is tight and smooth, and seal at the bottom. Roll the dough within your palm and shape into a ball.
Cover with a lid and let the doughs rest for 15 minutes.
13. After the rest, take out a dough and roll into a flat oval shape.
Roll up the dough starting from the shorter end.
Seal the end by pinching.
14. Cover the doughs and let them rest for 10 minutes.
15. Roll and stretch the dough into a longer dough using your two hands. The length of the dough should reach about 4/5 the side of the baking pan.
16. Place the doughs into a non-stick 18cm square pan lined with parchment paper. Spray some water over them.
17. Proof the doughs for about 40 minutes , or till the doughs are touching each other, with the oven door close.
18. At the end of 40 minutes, remove the dough from the oven. And preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
19. Apply egg wash over the surface of the dough.
20. Bake the loaf at 180 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160 degree and bake for about 5 minutes, or till the top turns golden brown.
21. Remove the loaf and pan from the oven, and lift out the loaf immediately.
22. Let the loaf cools own on a wire rack. Serve fresh :)