A simple soft pumpkin sandwich bun with crunchy sesame top. Given an auspicious name "芝麻开门 金玉满屋“ just for the lunar new year spirit and fun ^^
Yield: 10 x 13cm-long sandwich buns
Raw dough weight: 508 g
Appliances: bread machine
50g cooked pumpkin paste 熟南瓜泥
100g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
20g condensed milk 炼乳
30g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
30g raw sugar 黄砂糖
25g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
225g bread flour 高筋面粉
25g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母粉
3 tbsp white sesame seeds 白芝麻
1. Add ingredients, except the white sesame seeds, into the bread maker following the sequence listed in the ingredients.
Select "dough" function and start the process.
2. After about 90 minutes, the dough is ready.
3. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
5. Roll the dough up, pull down the sides, and seal at the bottom, into a small dough ball.
Cover and let the dough balls rest for 15 minutes.
6. Take a dough ball and roll it into a long flat dough.
The width of the dough corresponds to about the length of the luncheon meat can.
Fold in the two wings
Flatten slightly with a rolling pin, fold into half, and pinch to seal the joining edge.
7. Brush water over the surface and lightly roll the dough over a plate of white sesame seeds.
Arrange the doughs in a big non-stick baking tray.
8. Transfer to a closed and warm oven to undergo second proofing for about 40 minutes, or till the doughs almost double in size.
9. Remove the doughs from the oven and preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
12. Make a slit at the side and fill with your favourite sandwich ingredients. Enjoy :)
This post is linked to Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids plus Cook and Celebrate: CNY at here.
Hi Nagi Leng,ReplyDelete
You are totally right that sesame seeds food are very auspicious to eat during CNY! Very delicious sesame bread :)
Hi Zoe, Thank you for dropping by my blog :)Delete
I would like to thank you and your friends for creating this sharing platform for us to share our CNY goodies. Have a nice day :)