Oatmeal pancake was my childhood tea break snack. It involved very simple yet nutritious ingredients like, oatmeal, egg, milk and a little sugar. The pancake has a moist interior whereby you can find grains of oatmeal soaked with milk :)
Using 55g egg
1 tbsp plain flour
45 g quick cook oatmeal
110~120g fresh milk
1 tbsp golden syrup/honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 beaten egg
2 tsp milk powder (optional)
1. Add plain flour, oatmeal and milk powder (optional) into a small mixing bowl.
2. Pour fresh milk into the bowl, mix briefly and let the mixture stands for about 5 minutes to absorb the milk.
Do not over-stir the mixture.
3. Mix in golden syrup, vanilla extract and beaten egg.
4. Pan-fry the batter* in a preheated oiled pot or pan at medium heat. Cover the pot while cooking. Lower the temperature after about 1 minute, and simmer till the surface is dry.
* you can cook the pancake into two batches for a thinner pancake.
5. When the surface of the pancake becomes dry, flip the pancake over to fry the other face.
6. The pancake is ready :)
Thicker pancake - this is firmer.
Drizzle condensed milk over for a sweet version :)
Thinner pancake - this is more moist and softer. So, it's best to have it in thin slice ><
For a variation, you may want to add about 1 tbsp of dried fruit, like raspberries, for added flavour 🍓🍇🍑