A soft pumpkin braided bread topped with almond flakes, dried cranberries and sprinkled sugar. This simple and delicious-looking bread really tastes delectable ^^
Yield: One 25Lx8Wx9Hcm braided bread
Bread weight: 511g
Raw dough weight: 509g
100g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
20g condensed milk 炼乳
50g cooked pumpkin paste 熟南瓜泥
30g fine sugar 细糖
25g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
30g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
225g bread flour 高筋面粉
25g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母粉
Glazing & Toppings
Some beaten egg
Some dried cranberries
Some almond flakes
Some fine sugar
1. Steamed about 80g raw pumpkin at medium high heat for 15 minutes, till softened. Drain away the excess water collected at the bottom of the bowl. Mash the softened pumpkin into paste by using a fork. Collect 50g of the pumpkin paste for later use.
2. Add the ingredients to the bread pan according to the order listed.
4. When the program stops, let the dough continue to sit in the pan for another 20 minutes.
20 minutes later, the dough is ready.
5. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
6. Divide the dough into 3 portions, each weighs about 170g.
Shape them into balls, covered, and let them rest for about 15 minutes.
7. Roll out the dough into a flat oval dough.
Roll up the dough beginning from the shorter end.
Pinch to seal the edge.
Dust with some flour and set aside.
Cover and rest the dough for about 10 minutes.
8. After the rest, roll and pull the dough into a long rope. The optimum length is about 10 cm longer than the base of the baking pan.
9. Join one end of the three dough ropes together.
Join the other three ends together
10. Tuck the two ends below the dough, and transfer to a lined baking pan.
Spray some water over, and proof in a warm oven for about 40 minutes.
11. Remove the dough from the oven, and start to preheat the oven to about 190 degree Celsius.
12. Apply egg wash over the surface, and decorate it with the rest of the toppings.
13. Bake at 190 degree Celsius for 5 minutes
Lower the temperature to 170 degree for about 12 minutes, or till the top becomes golden.
14. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.
15. After the bread has cool down completely, cut and enjoy :)