A simple yet appetising egg dish that goes well with steamed coconut rice 🍚
2 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1 medium size onion, julienned
1 medium size tomato, peeled & cut
1 tsp sambal chilli paste
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tbsp palm sugar/Gula melaka granules*
Fine salt to taste
* Palm sugar can be replaced by brown sugar or white sugar
1. Prepare two hard-boiled eggs either by using a steamer, or rice cooker.
For using rice cooker, place two room temperature eggs in a heat resistant bowl. Pour about 100ml of water into a rice cooker pot. Place the eggs with the bowl into the rice cooker pot. Select "Rice cooking" or "Quick Cook" function to cook/steam the eggs.
De-shell the eggs after cooling down. Set aside.
2. Pour about 1 tbsp of olive oil into a pot. Stir-fry chopped garlic at medium heat till golden.
Add in onions, and stir-fry till they softened or become translucent.
3. Stirs in the palm sugar, sambal chilli paste, and tomato paste. Bring to a light boil, then drop in the tomato wedges. Stir fry till the gravy thicken and the tomato softened.
4. Add in some salt to taste.
5. Finally, add in the hard-boiled eggs to coat gentle.
6. Serve warm with steamed coconut rice, and vegetables 😜
To prepare steamed coconut rice, simply add about 1 tsp of coconut oil, a little salt and some seasoning powder to your soaked rice before starting your usual rice cooking program.